Wednesday 11 December 2019

Dental Resolutions for 2020


I’ve always been a huge fan of getting a mock resolution list set up at the beginning of December so that when the new year rolls around, I have a semblance of resolutions that were thought out beforehand and not spur of the moment, January 1st. To me, coming up with resolutions on the spot is the number one way to not achieve those very resolutions during the year. But if you’ve thought about them prior and knew that’s what you really wanted to achieve, you have a much higher chance of succeeding.


So, I’ve begun drafting some ideas for achievable resolutions with concrete objectives that I can reach and be proud about. A few revolve around my health (such as exercising more at the gym and not just running) whereas others are more in line with my ideals and ethics (such as sticking to a 100% vegan lifestyle).

A few of my resolutions that fall under the health category actually tie in to my dental health. I’ll highlight them below.

Floss every day, no matter what.
I’ve always been good about brushing my teeth twice a day, but I often find myself skipping a day of flossing every now and then for whatever reason. I don’t even think it’s a matter of being lazy considering I brush my teeth religiously. More than anything, it’s carelessness that I need to eliminate. So, to combat this I’ve asked for some interdental brushes for the holidays in order to stay on top of my flossing without feeling guilty about throwing plastic flossing picks away every single day.


Get back to the dentist.
Yeah, I haven’t been in a few years. That mostly comes down to not having dental insurance, but still, it’s inexcusable to not get in to see what’s wrong with your teeth. Even though my teeth feel fine, I’m certain there are at least one or two cavities lurking in my molars. Going in to the dentist for the first time in awhile would be the perfect way to get myself back on track. And if anything, it’s an easy item to check off this list, which will only motivate me further in getting everything back in line with my dental health.

Restoring my gums.
Since I’ve long been bad about flossing, my gum health has suffered. I want to hit the flossing hard next year because of this, but I also think getting a water pick (and stopping in to see the dentist regularly) will get my gums where they need to be. So, you could say that all three of these items are directly for my gums. That wouldn’t be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment